01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- Body of missing father found months after van got stuck
- Woman found stabbed to death in West Valley backyard
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's zipline death, police say
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop Bountiful Temple
- Cars, homes, police station damaged in rampage that seriously injured at least one
- Police suspect arson in house fire that killed S.L. restaurateur
- Utah couple takes quick break from Ogden half marathon to get married
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use trails in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons?
- Retired FBI supervisor warns parents of apps teens use to connect with strangers
- Bank robbery prompts search for possible bomb