01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- Multiple crews battling large wildfire in Box Elder County
- Teen asks for doughnuts, gets over $180K in online donations
- Feud between 2 Salt Lake police officers sparks civil lawsuit
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain cancer survivor search for a safe place to sleep
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to exceed 600,000 attendance
- Census shows Utah is young, growing more diverse