01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- 2 arrested, 2 still at large in theft of 800-pound statue
- Childhood friends reunited after discovering 1 of them is homeless
- Mother loses unborn baby, 2 teens killed in Idaho crash
- Mormon church president, Thomas S. Monson, to no longer attend regular meetings
- Police recover stolen 800-pound statue of Joseph Smith, Brigham Young
- Missing Bountiful girl found safe
- Man facing charges for allegedly impregnating 13-year-old
- A gunshot and a child dies: Should anyone be punished?
- Airlines have rules about taking photos, video on planes
- Age-progressed photo of missing Idaho toddler released