01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- Game Center: BYU at West Virginia
- Target gets rid of kid-sized 'demon mini carts' after backlash
- 3-month-old dies from injuries sustained in Providence crash
- Lehi football team, community rally around senior with leukemia
- Sixth-grader brings pot brownies to school, students get sick
- Say hello to Snap Inc.
- Washington mall shooting: Manhunt underway after gunman kills 5
- Payson woman sentenced to prison for sexually abusing boys in youth home
- Building a highway for trout from the Strawberry to Weber rivers
- Mother, 2 children held in home against their will by West Jordan man