01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- New Orleans takes down white supremacist monument
- Park City man denied lung transplant in Utah because of traces of marijuana dies
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Polaris over double fatal ATV accident in Moab
- Is shame ruining intimacy in your marriage?
- Police: Utah road-rage driver ran Oregon couple off I-84 in Idaho rollover crash
- Idaho burial site contained 2 sets of child remains, sheriff says
- Was 'shaved key' used in theft of car woman saved a year to buy?
- Hurricane man arrested for allegedly assaulting wife, 8-year-old child
- Trump to order review of monuments
- Florida man admits to cold-case rape, murder of 16-year-old Salt Lake girl