01/31/2013 4:34pmPresident Barack Obama's nominee for defense secretary on Thursday defended his views of the military and global threats, pushing back against criticism that has focused on his past statements on Israel, Iran and nuclear weapons. Chuck Hagel told senators that America "must engage _ not retreat _ in the world," and insisted that his record is consistent on that point.
Browse by Day Archive
- Total solar eclipse: What you need to know
- FBI looking into Ephraim police situation; ex-officer says he would have resigned, too
- Provo woman gives birth to baby inside pants at hospital parking lot
- At last: Man receives package more than a decade later
- Salem flooding affects 100 homes
- 16-year-old from Minnesota ID'd as victim of John Wayne Gacy
- Charges: Pleasant Grove man chases down, hits man after RV rental dispute
- Missing Swiss couple found frozen in Alps after 75 years
- Can apple cider vinegar help with weight loss?
- Sneak peek at US Navy's new $13B aircraft carrier