10/19/2013 1:56amEach morning for the past five years, before most of his aides have arrived at the White House, President Barack Obama has read a devotional sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary and cultural figures. Joshua DuBois, an informal spiritual adviser to Obama who ran the White House faith-based office until earlier this year, writes the devotionals for Obama and has compiled many of them in a forthcoming book, "The President's Devotional," to be released Oct. 22 by HarperOne.
Browse by Day Archive
- Hatch serves as designated survivor at Trump's inauguration
- Park City man saves for 11 years to buy, customize Lamborghini
- Promises, pomp and protests as Trump sworn in
- Melee near Trump's parade route as police, protesters clash
- 'Miracle underway': Rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- What parents should know about 'Split'
- Police: Man arrested after carjacking woman, crashing stolen car during chase
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- 'El Chapo' is hauled off to US jail that has held terrorists
- Skin cancer cream could kill your pet, FDA warns