10/19/2013 1:56amEach morning for the past five years, before most of his aides have arrived at the White House, President Barack Obama has read a devotional sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary and cultural figures. Joshua DuBois, an informal spiritual adviser to Obama who ran the White House faith-based office until earlier this year, writes the devotionals for Obama and has compiled many of them in a forthcoming book, "The President's Devotional," to be released Oct. 22 by HarperOne.
Browse by Day Archive
- Have You Seen This? Riverton dad saves daughter from wakesurfing disaster
- Sheriff defends his 'harsh' plan to solve homelessness 'crisis'
- Resident shoots 2 home invasion suspects, killing 1, police say
- 3 law enforcers have certification revoked by POST Council
- Colon cancer rising among young adults, new study says
- Woman says football star told her reporting rape would 'ruin my career'
- McAdams: Proposed Draper sites for homeless shelter remain options
- Logan students can sleep in next year — a little
- Enoch man dies in rollover crash on SR 130
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Final Four round?