12/27/2012 2:17pmA last-gasp effort Thursday to avoid automatic tax increases and spending cuts got off on the same convulsive, partisan tone that marked congressional attempts to resolve the impasse before lawmakers headed home for Christmas.
Browse by Day Archive
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- Armed Forces insignias against dress code in Jordan School District?
- Man arrested for allegedly filming young girls in Harrisville thrift store
- Roy woman wrongfully declared dead by federal government struggling to prove she's alive
- Mother dies after rescuing 2-year-old son from Lake Powell
- Mom who drowned while holding son 6th Glen Canyon fatality in 2016
- Boy, 5, uses allowance to buy lunch for police
- West Jordan councilman pleads not guilty to leaving scene of accident
- Rosetta space probe sees bright flares, landslide on comet
- 2 arrested in Idaho after toddler pot video posted to Facebook