12/27/2012 2:17pmA last-gasp effort Thursday to avoid automatic tax increases and spending cuts got off on the same convulsive, partisan tone that marked congressional attempts to resolve the impasse before lawmakers headed home for Christmas.
Browse by Day Archive
- Longboarder shot, killed in road rage incident, police say
- Deputies: Mom threatens principal over kid's bad behavior
- NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones fatally shot
- Company recalls spill-proof cups due to risk of mold
- How to stop superbugs from killing 10 million people a year
- UTA employee Kay Ricks remembered as 'endlessly forgiving'
- Get returned stolen cars inspected for meth, police warn
- Utah school district takes stand against White House bathroom directive
- Police: Woman died on zipline after falling tree branch hit her
- Have You Seen This? Not your toddler's finger puppet