12/27/2012 2:17pmA last-gasp effort Thursday to avoid automatic tax increases and spending cuts got off on the same convulsive, partisan tone that marked congressional attempts to resolve the impasse before lawmakers headed home for Christmas.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bride loses 100+ pounds after engagement pic wake-up call
- Retired police chief says Layton officer was ‘over invasive’
- Charges detail numerous injuries suffered by escort in alleged violent sexual attack
- Report: Salaries just 'part of the solution' for Utah's teacher shortage
- 1 killed, 1 injured when vehicle slams into semitruck
- Business owners have mixed feelings 3 weeks after 'Operation Diversion'
- SLC Council accuses Biskupski of 'lacking leadership' over housing, homeless funding
- Common household chemicals hurt our health, study says
- Rypien helps No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27
- Charges: Man tried taking 15-year-old West Valley girl to Georgia to live with him