02/22/2014 1:27amEvery day at dawn, teenager Sultan Ahmad al-Saleh gets up and starts work, 12 hours in the fields picking vegetables in this remote corner of northwestern Jordan. It's what he's been doing for the past three years, ever since he was 14 years old and his family fled here to escape Syria's civil war.
Browse by Day Archive
- Elephant protein destroys human cancer cells, Utah researchers say
- Mother of emaciated boy was overwhelmed, in crisis, attorney says
- Pilot suffers minor injuries in Juab County crash landing
- Hundreds of Utah women joining march in Washington, DC
- Catch unlimited fish, win prizes at annual Burbot Bash
- Woman seriously injured following shooting; 1 taken into custody
- Obama commutes sentence of Chelsea Manning
- Millcreek mother loses daughter to powerful opioid police call a 'killer counterfeit'
- Young man with special needs saves elderly neighbor while shoveling snow
- 95-year-old man killed in auto-pedestrian accident identified