12/13/2013 7:50amThe rural home where Nelson Mandela grew up in the 1920s had mud walls, a grass thatched roof, and a floor polished smooth with cow dung. When throngs flood Mandela's hometown on Sunday for his burial, they will visit a simple place steeped in old ways but which now has become the center of a massive state operation to honor the anti-apartheid leader.
Browse by Day Archive
- Teen charged as adult with murdering 2 in suicidal crash
- Poll: Do you speak like a Utahn?
- Dickey's files federal lawsuit in 'toxic tea' incident
- Attorney general wishes she hadn't met with Bill Clinton
- Wolverine found in Utah for 1st time since 1974
- Police identify woman killed in wrong-way crash on I-15
- 4th of July fireworks shows in Utah
- Police locate grandparents of toddler found wandering street in Millcreek
- Death sparks 'Autopilot' car probe; Man had speeding tickets
- Jazz targeting 4 players in free agency