10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- New Orleans takes down white supremacist monument
- Park City man denied lung transplant in Utah because of traces of marijuana dies
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Polaris over double fatal ATV accident in Moab
- Police: Utah road-rage driver ran Oregon couple off I-84 in Idaho rollover crash
- Florida man admits to cold-case rape, murder of 16-year-old Salt Lake girl
- Is shame ruining intimacy in your marriage?
- In Mexico, fears a new plant will kill wastewater farming
- Hurricane man arrested for allegedly assaulting wife, 8-year-old child
- Idaho burial site contained 2 sets of child remains, sheriff says
- Was 'shaved key' used in theft of car woman saved a year to buy?