10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman arrested in Riverdale after allegedly locking kids in trunk while shopping
- Judge won't drop murder charge for 2 teens accused in officer's death
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Good water year spells challenges, fun for reservoir managers
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- Authorities warn travelers to look out for credit card skimmers
- Liberty Park fountain won’t open due to health concerns
- New United Utah Party leader Jim Bennett announces bid for Chaffetz's seat
- Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs