10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- St. George family’s Squatty Potty brings in millions of dollars
- Official: Teacher violated policy with racially charged word
- DWR to auction seized antlers, hides
- Unseen video: UHP helicopter nearly crashes; pilot saves the day
- Employee is suing his boss because his job was too boring
- Trump's open path to nomination causes agony for some in GOP
- Man accused of trying to arrange meeting with teen boy is charged
- The Latest: Suspect in killing called religiously active
- Quiz: Which 'Star Wars' movies do these quotes come from?
- Davis School District pays $10K for 'drunk goggles' injury