10/03/2013 11:19amThe Westgate Mall attack in Kenya threw the spotlight on al-Shabab, a Somalia-based group of Islamic militants that claimed responsibility. But its relationship with al-Hijra, a relatively obscure cell of extremists in Kenya, represents what terrorism analysts say is a worrying trend in Africa: an increase in collaboration among religious radicals across borders and vast, poorly policed regions.
Browse by Day Archive
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 55 in July
- Police identify boy who died in Ogden fire
- Have You Seen This? How to outrun a python
- Another evaluation ordered for woman accused of leaving newborn in trash
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in car for hours, expected to survive
- Is Donald Trump hurting himself?
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Texas illegally curbs abortion clinics, Supreme Court rules
- Amid crisis, Rio gov. warns Olympics could be 'big failure'
- Court upholds reach of US gun ban for domestic violence