10/03/2013 11:19amThe Westgate Mall attack in Kenya threw the spotlight on al-Shabab, a Somalia-based group of Islamic militants that claimed responsibility. But its relationship with al-Hijra, a relatively obscure cell of extremists in Kenya, represents what terrorism analysts say is a worrying trend in Africa: an increase in collaboration among religious radicals across borders and vast, poorly policed regions.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bride loses 100+ pounds after engagement pic wake-up call
- Retired police chief says Layton officer was ‘over invasive’
- Charges detail numerous injuries suffered by escort in alleged violent sexual attack
- 1 killed, 1 injured when vehicle slams into semitruck
- Common household chemicals hurt our health, study says
- SLC Council accuses Biskupski of 'lacking leadership' over housing, homeless funding
- Business owners have mixed feelings 3 weeks after 'Operation Diversion'
- Rypien helps No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27
- STD rates reach record high in United States
- Charges: Man tried taking 15-year-old West Valley girl to Georgia to live with him