10/03/2013 11:19amThe Westgate Mall attack in Kenya threw the spotlight on al-Shabab, a Somalia-based group of Islamic militants that claimed responsibility. But its relationship with al-Hijra, a relatively obscure cell of extremists in Kenya, represents what terrorism analysts say is a worrying trend in Africa: an increase in collaboration among religious radicals across borders and vast, poorly policed regions.
Browse by Day Archive
- 'I did not want him to die that day,' says Bountiful man who killed ex-wife's husband
- 50 titles leaving Netflix, 65 added in April
- Crayola to retire a color; but which one will it be?
- Governor signs outdoor cooking bill into law
- Family will donate organs of deceased toddler to 8 other children
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Final Four round?
- Governor signs hardened polygamy law over objections
- Father of 5 relies on faith following death of young wife
- Felony charges for 2 who secretly filmed Planned Parenthood
- South Jordan man pleas to ammunition charge in West Valley shooting