10/03/2013 11:19amThe Westgate Mall attack in Kenya threw the spotlight on al-Shabab, a Somalia-based group of Islamic militants that claimed responsibility. But its relationship with al-Hijra, a relatively obscure cell of extremists in Kenya, represents what terrorism analysts say is a worrying trend in Africa: an increase in collaboration among religious radicals across borders and vast, poorly policed regions.
Browse by Day Archive
- Idaho man sues ISU over hostility toward his LDS faith
- New information, evidence discovered in search for missing Idaho toddler
- Will BYU’s Big 12 gamble pay off?
- 3-day plan to see Yellowstone, Grand Teton National Parks
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's zipline death, police say
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop Bountiful Temple
- Man dies after allegedly ignoring police and jumping from tree
- Oldest giraffe in North America dies at Hogle Zoo
- Body of missing father found months after van got stuck
- Hit the road: Salt Lake man creates interactive trip planner