08/25/2013 9:13amPrince Weah had no experience with distance-running when he signed up on a whim for a 10-kilometer race in Monrovia four years ago. Like many West African boys, he grew up with dreams of soccer stardom, though he quickly set those aside after unexpectedly placing first in the running event.
Browse by Day Archive
- Missing Harrisville man's body found at Pineview Reservoir, officials say
- Man says he was attacked for taking 5-year-old daughter inside men's restroom
- Alleged con man gets conned: Hilarious email exchange dupes man trying to rent out property
- Have You Seen This? Tesla Model S drives sleeping owner through traffic
- 41 Secret Service staff disciplined for reviewing private records of Rep. Chaffetz
- Students told to place duct tape over their mouths for speaking during class
- Van owner must foot the bill after hit-and-run police chase
- Marine creates 12 months of holidays in 10 days for son
- Runnin’ Utes schedule future series with Butler, Xavier and BYU
- Babies behind bars: Should moms do time with their newborns?