10/20/2013 10:59pmIn a story Oct. 19 about the discovery of a rare oarfish on a Southern California beach, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of the oceanographic institution contacted by Oceanside police. The organization is Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California, San Diego, not The Scripps Research Institute.
Browse by Day Archive
- Ex-wife of former Subway pitchman Jared Fogle sues company
- Have You Seen This? Spider carries a mouse
- Heber City man killed in head-on collision with semi
- Infants should share parents' room to avoid SIDS, report says
- Judge orders life sentences in kidnapping of mom, 4 daughters
- Parent punches student in the stomach in a school hallway, then just walks away
- Idaho family sues city after paramedics severely burn newborn baby
- Smart ways to monitor your kids' cellphone activity
- Search suspended for missing daughter of one of Utah's 'Piano Guys'
- Man charged with 2 Magna killings from 2015