09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Lehi man killed in crash near Saratoga Springs during fundraiser ride
- Cedar City man killed in rollover crash near Kanarraville Saturday
- Fallen police officers honored in off-road memorial ride in Moab
- Trump sons take helm of company, eye domestic expansion
- Sandy homeowners safely evacuated when neighbors warned them of fire
- Fire engulfs $700K motorhome on I-15 in Virgin River Gorge
- Minor earthquake shakes southeastern Utah
- Girl shot in head released from hospital: 'I'm tougher than a bullet'
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- Angry Jon Huntsman Sr. calls for ousting of U. president