09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Longboarder shot, killed in road rage incident, police say
- Principal placed on leave after being accused of domestic violence
- UTA employee Kay Ricks remembered as 'endlessly forgiving'
- The 15 fastest cars you can buy
- Police: Woman died on zipline after falling tree branch hit her
- Deputies: Mom threatens principal over kid's bad behavior
- NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones fatally shot
- Company recalls spill-proof cups due to risk of mold
- Former Springville High student charged with threat of terrorism
- Have You Seen This? Not your toddler's finger puppet