09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Millcreek mother loses daughter to powerful opioid police call a 'killer counterfeit'
- Man critically injured in Spanish Fork auto-pedestrian accident
- Drivers express concern over damaged section of I-15
- Man dies after hitting a tree while skiing at Brighton Resort
- SLC man 1st in US to receive diseased liver to replace his dying liver
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz vs. Suns
- Utah adds 3 reservoirs to mercury advisory
- Piano Guys say performance at inauguration not a Trump endorsement
- Officials: FBI arrests widow of Orlando nightclub shooter
- Utah State wants lawsuit over frat party assault dismissed