09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- 'I did not want him to die that day,' says Bountiful man who killed ex-wife's husband
- 50 titles leaving Netflix, 65 added in April
- Family will donate organs of deceased toddler to 8 other children
- Governor signs outdoor cooking bill into law
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Final Four round?
- Sen. Hatch: would consider not running for 8th term if Mitt Romney gets in the race
- Why is the government searching cellphones?
- Injuries hit Jazz again with George Hill, Raul Neto out vs. Kings
- 4 scenic road trips to take in eastern Utah
- 2 sites in Draper announced as possible homeless resource center locations