09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Polaris over double fatal ATV accident in Moab
- Idaho burial site contained 2 sets of child remains, sheriff says
- Is shame ruining intimacy in your marriage?
- New Orleans takes down white supremacist monument
- Utahns record rocky flight from Costa Rica as engine fails
- Park City man denied lung transplant in Utah because of traces of marijuana dies
- Was 'shaved key' used in theft of car woman saved a year to buy?
- Police: Utah road-rage driver ran Oregon couple off I-84 in Idaho rollover crash
- In Mexico, fears a new plant will kill wastewater farming
- Florida man admits to cold-case rape, murder of 16-year-old Salt Lake girl