09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- UVU students upset about school's toilet paper
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Road to Understanding: Housing prices, crowds a problem for Moab
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- Sae Tautu, Cougars raise NFL profile at BYU Pro Day
- Utah House delegation frustrated by no vote on health care, signals reluctance to try again
- Higher teacher salaries coming to Jordan School District
- Local kidney foundation honors 3-year-old Elsie Mahe with billboard for organ donation