09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- Boy dies, woman in critically injured in Ogden fire
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- The 10 fastest rising baby names
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- Healthcare with resort-like amentities coming to Utah
- Teen asks for doughnuts, gets over $180K in online donations
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah?
- Free golf day for first responders strikes chord for Talons Cove manager
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say