09/27/2013 8:28pmWhen U.S. Army Sgt. Brian Wood returned from Afghanistan, he was honored with an amazing surprise — Habitat for Humanity had offered to help his family build their first house. But things quickly got ugly when neighbors started a petition to stop the construction because they feared it would not fit in with the rest of the community.
Browse by Day Archive
- McAdams: Proposed Draper sites for homeless shelter remain options
- Governor signs outdoor cooking bill into law
- Police: 1 dead, 1 injured after residents fire shots during home invasion
- Man robs Farmington credit union after waiting outside for employees to open doors
- Man charged in massage parlor sting
- Man charged with shooting at family in road rage incident
- Defendant in David Heisler kidnapping case to be federally indicted; death penalty on table
- Orem police place 'missed connection' ad on Craigslist to snare suspected shoplifter
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Final Four round?
- The fly angler's secret for fishing small creeks and streams