Officials say the use of a heater in a Detroit-area hotel room raised carbon monoxide levels to a dangerous high, causing a couple and their dog to pass out and forcing the evacuation of the establishment.
Terry Spencer, Tamara Lush and Kelli Kennedy, Associated Press | Posted Jul 26th - 5:30am
Stephanie White clutched a stack of photos while sitting in a chair in her home. The television was on, loud, and turned to the local news. A story came on about the mass shooting at a nightclub that took her baby's life.
Some state health care organizations are opposing a proposed rule change by the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention that would provide the agency more leeway to withhold information regarding the locations of communicable disease outbreaks.