10/23/2013 7:01amWhen a federal program that promised cash rebates to people who traded in their clunkers for more fuel-efficient vehicles was overrun by demand, President Barack Obama assigned Jeffrey Zients, his deputy budget director, to help eliminate the backlog.
Browse by Day Archive
- Brian Head fire grows at 'unprecedented rate'
- Former Mapleton Mormon bishop accused of drugging, abusing 2 teens
- Brush fire burns 100 acres above Farmington
- Utah man opens up about trip to North Korea
- Friend links 2nd missing Utah woman, teen daughter to man sought in 3 Idaho deaths
- Elderly woman dies after car crashes into abandoned bowling alley
- How to spot domestic violence and where to seek help
- Depp's 'assassin' comments the latest in celebrity anger
- Observatory threatened by Payson wildfire, 2,250 acres burned
- Saving the twins: Health scares and rehab for once-conjoined boys