10/23/2013 7:01amWhen a federal program that promised cash rebates to people who traded in their clunkers for more fuel-efficient vehicles was overrun by demand, President Barack Obama assigned Jeffrey Zients, his deputy budget director, to help eliminate the backlog.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman found stabbed to death in West Valley backyard
- Body of missing father found months after van got stuck
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's zipline death, police say
- Internet task force makes multiple arrests from Craigslist ads
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop Bountiful Temple
- Will Obama's new overtime rules actually hurt workers?
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use trails in Big and Little Cottonwood canyons?
- Retired FBI supervisor warns parents of apps teens use to connect with strangers
- Utah couple takes quick break from Ogden half marathon to get married
- 15-year-old caretaker named Granite School District's Absolutely Incredible Kid