07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- PepsiCo to remove royal blue branding for U. in unprecedented move
- Viral video shows woman accidentally pick up rattlesnake
- Estranged husband admits murdering prominent restaurateur in arson fire
- Army's Redstone Arsenal on lockdown for 'possible active shooter'
- Officials fault feds, conservation groups for rapid-spread of wildfire
- New cyberattack causes mass disruption globally
- 6 signs you grew up Mormon - SPONSORED
- Ingredient in popular weed killer going on list as cancerous
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 52 in July
- Prank call sends SWAT to elderly woman's home, police say