07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Crews make progress on Brian Head Fire as eyes shift to Monday's weather
- Man catches teen falling from park ride: 'It's OK to let go'
- Charge: Kaysville man offered to attend church if teen exposed herself
- 13-year-old rolls truck aunt asked him drive, UHP says
- Utah family turns grief into purpose by opening ranch to help young girls
- ICYMI: 10 stories from the weekend
- Texas man arrested in Summit County following search
- Jazz get assists from Baylor, Stockton for latest draft picks
- Have You Seen This? Reporter versus Irish weather
- Firefighters battle increasing number of wildfires across the state