07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: No survivors after plane carrying Sandy LDS bishop, 2 children crashes
- Missing toddler's father says he would never hurt his son after accusations from ex-girlfriend
- Facing 'ultimatum' in Outdoor Retailer call, Herbert said state and trade show must 'part ways'
- Midvale man groped, kissed TRAX riders, charges say
- 1 dead, I-15 northbound reopens after accidents near Provo
- Have You Seen This? Sarcastic PSA from trooper is wake-up call we need
- UPS to build new, expanded distribution center in Salt Lake City
- Video shows warden shoot antlers of entangled bucks to free them
- West Jordan man charged after investigators find child pornography
- 2 suspected in bank robbery captured in West Valley City following multiagency chase