07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- Appeals court deals blow to Trump administration travel ban
- 500 gallons of nitric acid spilled in SLC streets; no known threat to public
- UK bomber said to have told mother 'Forgive me' before blast
- Man recognizes childhood friend among Salt Lake's homeless
- Police: St. George children taken by father are in Mexico
- Woman cited for DUI after car hits boy on bicycle
- Outdoor Retailer takes show to Denver
- Mother loses unborn baby, 2 teens killed in Idaho crash
- Does Eric Mika have a future in the NBA?
- Mormon church president, Thomas S. Monson, to no longer attend regular meetings