07/01/2013 3:34pmFiscal years begin July 1 on most financial calendars, and a slew of state government spending regulations kick in each year on that date. Policy laws also hit the books in a wave, though states often mark their independence by enacting such legislation on their own time.
Browse by Day Archive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Boy dies, woman critically injured in Ogden fire
- The 10 fastest rising baby names
- Kenny Chesney calls cop to apologize for saying he had died
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to exceed 600K attendance
- Have You Seen This? Proud grandpa sobs at NHL draft
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- Judge to decide in 3 months whether uncle, niece will face murder trial
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say