01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman arrested in Riverdale after allegedly locking kids in trunk while shopping
- Have You Seen This? Hysterical man sets new Plinko record
- Some women-only screenings planned for 'Wonder Woman'
- Police searching for man who has repeatedly fled from officers
- Parents of toddler shot in Utah among those unpunished
- Liberty Park fountain won’t open due to health concerns
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- Judge won't drop murder charge for 2 teens accused in officer's death
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Man restores old gas station, hotel amid growing effort to renovate Helper