01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- County, family reach resignation deal for Recorder Gary Ott
- Bountiful doctor arrested in child porn investigation
- Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington dies in LA at 41
- Police: Man in critical condition after Orem shooting
- UDOT worker seriously injured in crash near Jeremy Ranch
- The Juice will be loose: O.J. Simpson granted parole
- Roy dad pleads guilty to abusing baby who tested positive for meth, THC
- Police: 15-year-old shoots, injures his stepsister, 13, in Garfield County
- Is 'Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets' worth the price of admission?
- Total solar eclipse: What you need to know