01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Longboarder shot, killed in road rage incident, police say
- Principal placed on leave after being accused of domestic violence
- UTA employee Kay Ricks remembered as 'endlessly forgiving'
- The 15 fastest cars you can buy
- Police: Woman died on zipline after falling tree branch hit her
- Deputies: Mom threatens principal over kid's bad behavior
- Company recalls spill-proof cups due to risk of mold
- NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones fatally shot
- Former Springville High student charged with threat of terrorism
- Police looking for person of interest involved in Cottonwood Heights shooting death