01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Tornado touches down near Panguitch
- Multi-vehicle crash backs up section of northbound I-15 for several hours
- Prep football: Week 2 schedule and scores
- This photo of a couple saying goodbye is breaking hearts
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- Summit County campground evacuated as wildfire rages less than a mile away
- Mother to daughter's killer: 'We're all in prison'
- Sodalicious files counterclaim in 'dirty' soda feud with Swig
- Millcreek man takes plea deal in death of 17-month-old stepson
- Health officials investigating viral meningitis flare-up at Lone Peak High School