01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- ‘Football-sized’ rock falls on boy’s head near Bridal Veil Falls
- Police: Copper theft yields 'tens of thousands of dollars in damage'
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel sites worry some high-rise residents
- Rose excited for future with annex, 'Lone Peak 4'
- Ranking domestic airlines from 1st to worst
- Photos: Snowbird faithful hit slopes on final day of the season
- 6-hour SWAT standoff ends with 1 dead in Heber
- The 12 most expensive movies ever made
- Study: Brain scans reveal hidden consciousness in patients
- Cincinnati Zoo director defends killing gorilla to save boy