02/26/2013 6:40pmLeaving aside a meeting between the two teams in 1949, the BYU-Gonzaga rivalry began in the 2011 NCAA Tournament, when the Cougars, playing as a favored seed but heavy underdog, easily handled the Zags in Denver, paced by national Player of the Year Jimmer Fredette.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police identify boy who died in Ogden fire
- Netflix adding 95 titles, dropping 55 in July
- Is gluten making you sick?
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in car for hours, expected to survive
- Court upholds reach of US gun ban for domestic violence
- Amid crisis, Rio gov. warns Olympics could be 'big failure'
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Big ruling for abortion rights in Supreme Court's Texas case
- Clinton blames Republican leaders for a 'paralyzed' Congress
- Brexit's broken promises: Health care, immigration and the economy