01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: 2 dead after man shoots woman, then killed while fleeing
- Amazon opens a grocery store with no checkout line
- Former U. football player's triplet son dies after battle with brain cancer
- Death toll climbs to 36 in Oakland warehouse fire
- Do you really love your spouse?
- Utah congressman to meet with Trump team on monuments issue
- Bergdahl seeks pardon from Obama
- BYU to face Wyoming in Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego
- North Dakota pipeline protesters vow to stay despite victory
- CNN: Huntsman in the running for secretary of state as Trump mulls more options