01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man admits cutting, hiding body in suitcase after overdose
- 3 good Samaritans jump in canal to save man trapped in truck
- Bountiful doctor arrested in child porn investigation
- Lightning strike causes setback for Park City pet rescue ranch
- Local fireworks restrictions for Pioneer Day
- Man beats odds of catching blue lobster, donates to science
- Provo woman gives birth to baby inside pants at hospital parking lot
- Trump legal team looking to investigate Mueller aides
- Patrick Kinahan: How long can BYU keep Sitake?
- Man gave 'taunting smirk' to police before killing K-9, charges state