01/01/2013 11:05pmPast its own New Year's deadline, a weary Congress sent President Barack Obama legislation to avoid a national "fiscal cliff" of middle class tax increases and spending cuts late Tuesday night in the culmination of a struggle that strained America's divided government to the limit.
Browse by Day Archive
- Officials identify mom who drowned while rescuing son
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- Man arrested for allegedly filming young girls in Harrisville thrift store
- Are wolves a 'Miracle' in Yellowstone? Science seeks answers
- Emotional video shows teen asking mom’s boyfriend to adopt her
- Armed Forces insignias against dress code in Jordan School District?
- Roy woman struggling to prove she’s alive after government declares her dead
- Mother dies after rescuing 2-year-old son from Lake Powell
- Climate change taking toll on the American pika in the West
- Rosetta space probe sees bright flares, landslide on comet