11/23/2013 8:51pmIran's agreement with six world powers over its nuclear program comes after decades of difficult ties between Washington and Tehran. Relations have been up, but mostly down since the 1979 Islamic Revolution and subsequent hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in the Iranian capital. The nuclear agreement, designed as a first step in preventing Iran from developing a nuclear weapon in exchange for the easing of some punishing economic sanctions, signals a thaw in the U.S.-Iranian relationship.
Browse by Day Archive
- Poll: Which is Utah’s favorite cereal?
- Parents, school board clash after son's suicide
- Beaver County sheriff cleared of wrongdoing following lengthy investigation
- Stranger pays $84 gas bill, inspires 'pay it forward' movement
- Local mermaid group brings magic to the community
- Top US officials working to release Utah man from Venezuelan prison
- KSL Pick'em: College football week 5 staff selections
- USC football player accused of rape to appear in Utah court
- Study: Kidney stone got you down? Ride a roller coaster
- Disbarred lawyer pleads guilty to Houston auto sales scam