09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Trump takes charge: Sworn in as nation's 45th president
- Former Ute lands in first round of NFL mock draft; fans react to Raiders’ Vegas move
- Man reunited with missing dog after wife dies in car crash
- Joy erupts as Italian rescuers pull out avalanche survivors
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- Canadians plead guilty to violations at parks across US West
- Federal government employee caught driving recklessly
- Student protesters call for U. to become a sanctuary campus
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- S. Ogden man charged in fatal shooting says victim disrespected co-worker's sister