09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bishop to meet with Trump transition team to discuss overturning monument decisions
- Woman charged with kidnapping in alleged ambush that police say led to man's death
- Plans unveil new details of six-building Trolley Square project
- Charges say man wouldn't let girlfriend leave Magna home for a week
- UN: World population grows, young girls struggle
- Utah mosque invites people to 'Meet The Muslims'
- Texas officials: 1 killed, 7 hurt in cheerleader bus crash
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz vs. Nuggets
- 'Save the Hollows': 600 sign petition to stop Draper development
- Utah company debuts all-electric big rig prototype