09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 6-hour SWAT standoff ends with 1 dead in Heber
- Rose excited for future with annex, 'Lone Peak 4'
- Police: Copper theft yields 'tens of thousands of dollars in damage'
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel sites worry some high-rise residents
- Make Your Week: 2 stories to restore your faith in humanity
- Cincinnati Zoo director defends killing gorilla to save boy
- The 12 most expensive movies ever made
- Man stabbed after argument on school playground
- Unlike: Tenants fume over apartment complex's new Facebook addendum
- Police ID man killed in possible road rage incident