09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- Teen asks for doughnuts, gets over $180K in online donations
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say
- In Weber State's Joel Bolomboy, the Utah Jazz got their man
- Feud between 2 Salt Lake police officers sparks civil lawsuit
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain cancer survivor search for a safe place to sleep
- Multiple crews battling large wildfire in Box Elder County
- Census shows Utah is young, growing more diverse