09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bountiful doctor arrested in child porn investigation
- Can apple cider vinegar help with weight loss?
- Provo woman gives birth to baby inside pants at hospital parking lot
- County, family reach resignation deal for Recorder Gary Ott
- 3 good Samaritans jump in canal to save man trapped in truck
- One arrested, one in critical condition after Orem shooting
- Local fireworks restrictions for Pioneer Day
- Lightning strike causes setback for Park City pet rescue ranch
- Man once named Public Enemy No. 1 sent to prison for assaulting officer
- At last: Man receives package more than a decade later