09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Federal government employee caught driving recklessly
- Coin counting machine experiment: How accurate are they?
- Paramedic commuting to work aids man who suffered heart attack while driving
- Elephant protein destroys human cancer cells, Utah researchers say
- Continuous snow takes big bite out of UDOT snow removal budget
- Italy crews work through night after avalanche hits hotel
- Redford talks Trump, growth in Utah as Sundance kicks off
- Boyfriend of the year sews iconic ‘Beauty and the Beast’ ball gown for fairy tale marriage proposal
- Obama commutes sentences of 3 Utah drug offenders
- Road reopened after fatal Ogden crash