09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Utah couple to donate funds for in vitro fertilization for a family
- Staffer at youth rehab facility killed by teen resident, police say
- Massive fire destroys LDS Church in Idaho
- Military instructor at Tooele High School arrested for alleged sexual abuse of a student
- Utah native one of 36 killed in Oakland warehouse fire
- Idaho Falls man hit, killed trying to cross 1300 East
- 911 calls document moments surrounding American Fork shootings
- Police suspend investigation into reported rape at U.
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz vs. Suns
- Erosion causes iconic Bryce Canyon hoodoo to crumble