09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Husband of woman injured in deadly crash overwhelmed by support
- Police: Idaho father shot, killed 3 kids before turning gun on himself
- Logan family asking for public's help locating missing teenager
- Utah shelter dog whose story went viral finds new home
- 12-year-old boy dies following snowmobile crash in Wasatch County
- 5 highest-selling hunts auctioned for over $1M total at local Hunting Expo
- Talk to babies and let them babble back to bridge word gap
- Are you a self-aware person?
- New study suggests strategies for keeping off pounds
- Utahns turn out for 'Not My President's Day' rally