09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- ‘Football-sized’ rock falls on boy’s head near Bridal Veil Falls
- Elderly woman killed in possible DUI accident
- Here's who buys the most weapons from the US
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel sites worry some high-rise residents
- Is pro video gaming a sport?
- UN: 880 killed in Mediterranean shipwrecks over last week
- The 12 most expensive movies ever made
- Ranking domestic airlines from 1st to worst
- 6-hour SWAT standoff ends with 1 dead in Heber
- Watchdog group wants Cincinnati Zoo held responsible