09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 95-year-old man hit in auto-pedestrian accident dies
- Young man with special needs saves elderly neighbor while shoveling snow
- Catch unlimited fish, win prizes at annual Burbot Bash
- Millcreek mother loses daughter to powerful opioid police call a 'killer counterfeit'
- Utah man wounded by Nevada police had crude bomb in vehicle
- 5 must-have tech features for your home
- NFL quarterback helps find a missing child; bad tattoo tales
- GOP lawmakers unaware of details of Trump's health care plan
- Utah adds 3 reservoirs to mercury advisory
- 3 family films coming out of 2017 Sundance Film Festival