09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Oxygen therapy brings 'remarkable' turnaround for toddler who fell in pool
- Man accused of violent rampage, attacking former boss sentenced to prison
- Man arrested for murder in connection to decomposing body
- After losing 5 babies in 11 months, Utah family teaches others to grieve through gifting
- Fire in Box Elder County burns 700 acres
- Regents add 5 new degrees to USU and Dixie
- Trump: USS Ford is '100,000-ton message to the world'
- Actor John Heard, of 'Home Alone' movies, dies at 71
- Where to watch fireworks in Utah for July 24
- Mexico murders up with deadliest month in at least 20 years