09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 31-year-old man drowns at Blackridge Reservoir in Herriman
- Outdoor glass slide opens atop LA skyscraper
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe than it's ever been'
- 'Warriors Over the Wasatch' on track to exceed 600K attendance
- 'The Shallows' may be the biggest surprise of the summer
- Teen asks for doughnuts, gets over $180K in online donations
- Multiple crews battling large wildfire in Box Elder County
- Road-rage incident ends in beating of 87-year-old man, police say
- In Weber State's Joel Bolomboy, the Utah Jazz got their man
- Brooklyn's bed: Parents of 4-year-old brain cancer survivor search for a safe place to sleep