09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Charges: Woman tried to have ex-husband killed for custody of kids, insurance money
- 20 years later, John Stockton re-enacts his famous shot
- 2nd teen ordered to stand trial in shooting of 14-year-old Deserae Turner
- Risky surgery separates 10-month-old from parasitic twin
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Sweet 16 round?
- New ad campaign takes aim at rescinding Bears Ears National Monument
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz vs. Knicks
- Utah gun rights group takes aim at .05 DUI law
- HOA in Daybreak files lawsuit against homebuilders
- 5 dead in vehicle, knife attack at British parliament