09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Officials identify mom who drowned while rescuing son
- Family who nearly lost cabins in fire snaps 'angelic' photo
- Are wolves a 'Miracle' in Yellowstone? Science seeks answers
- Armed Forces insignias against dress code in Jordan School District?
- Emotional video shows teen asking mom’s boyfriend to adopt her
- Man arrested for allegedly filming young girls in Harrisville thrift store
- Roy woman struggling to prove she’s alive after government declares her dead
- Climate change taking toll on the American pika in the West
- West Jordan councilman pleads not guilty to leaving scene of accident
- Deputies affix Thin Blue Line flag atop of Box Elder County peak