09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Man says he was attacked for taking 5-year-old daughter inside men's restroom
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in Pleasant Grove woman's death
- Students told to place duct tape over their mouths for speaking during class
- New information, evidence discovered in search for missing Idaho toddler
- LIVE: Washington Primary Results
- Video: LDS missionary who came home early shares his story
- Will BYU’s Big 12 gamble pay off?
- The ultimate guide to Memorial Day weekend in Utah
- Salt Lake City to begin phasing out smoking rooms at airport
- Body of missing father found months after van got stuck