09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- 3 in custody following I-80 traffic stop, fleeing investigation
- Wandering cougar euthanized in Salt Lake City Saturday morning
- An interview with a young mother of an autistic son
- Where local athletes ended up in the NFL
- 100 days in, Trump says he's brought about 'profound change'
- Canyons District's Big Cottonwood Canyon school bus route 'unsafe,' state engineer says
- Dr. Vivian Lee resigns post at University of Utah
- BYU's Jamaal Williams drafted in the 4th round by Green Bay
- Court filing: Utah enters permanent agreement not to defund Planned Parenthood
- Spacecraft flies between Saturn and rings in historic 1st