09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Trump, GOP leaders pull health care bill in humiliating loss
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Man in food stamp fraud case sentenced to $25 fee, training
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Provo mom gets probation, ankle monitor for death of baby in DUI crash
- London attacker cheerful, joking on eve of deadly rampage
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers
- John Stockton on Karl Malone, Michael Jordan, the pick and roll, watching his kids play and more
- Herbert signs bill lowering blood-alcohol limit to .05 percent