09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Woman arrested in Riverdale after allegedly locking kids in trunk while shopping
- Judge won't drop murder charge for 2 teens accused in officer's death
- Woman stops car thief: 'I'm not dealing with this sort of crap today!'
- 1 dead, 1 injured in motorcycle crash near Fillmore
- Good water year spells challenges, fun for reservoir managers
- Authorities warn travelers to look out for credit card skimmers
- Scientist discovers snakes that hunt in packs
- Humane Society representing family whose dog was ordered to die under Santaquin ordinance
- Liberty Park fountain won’t open due to health concerns
- Washington Post: Kushner proposed secret communication channel with Kremlin