09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- Utah company to hold $10K treasure hunt in Provo Canyon
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then himself in murder-suicide, police say
- Woman's body found in Bear River; police call death 'suspicious'
- Utah man accused of illegal poaching of Nevada elk
- 2 teens injured, 1 critically, after being hit in Taylorsville intersection
- Utah attorney feared dead after falling down Norway waterfall
- Cars vs. bikes: Who's to blame for crashes?
- What Houston endorsements say about BYU’s Big 12 odds
- Police ID pregnant woman killed in collision with FrontRunner