09/22/2013 8:27amWithin hours of the Navy Yard shootings, the FBI had traced the gunman's recent shotgun purchase and sent agents to the shop in northern Virginia where he bought it. Left out of the loop was the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a surprising snub between top U.S. law enforcement agencies that comes as the ATF struggles to show its relevance in Washington.
Browse by Day Archive
- Teen charged with killing youth facility staffer said he 'lost his mind'
- Amazon.com didn't take incentive in deal to collect Utah sales taxes
- 2016 guide to Utah's best holiday lights
- Dylann Roof laughed during church slaying confession to FBI
- Layton Cold Stone owner, others defend employee harassed online
- Charges: Man drove 12-year-old girl from West Valley school to Provo hotel for sex
- Woman charged in twin's death in Hawaii OKs extradition
- Amazon.com entitled to keep 18% of sales taxes collected in Utah
- Obama orders review of election-season hacking
- Judge delays hearings in 'dirty soda' lawsuit