10/19/2013 1:56amEach morning for the past five years, before most of his aides have arrived at the White House, President Barack Obama has read a devotional sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary and cultural figures. Joshua DuBois, an informal spiritual adviser to Obama who ran the White House faith-based office until earlier this year, writes the devotionals for Obama and has compiled many of them in a forthcoming book, "The President's Devotional," to be released Oct. 22 by HarperOne.
Browse by Day Archive
- Massive fire destroys LDS Church in Idaho
- Staffer at youth rehab facility killed by teen resident, police say
- Utah native one of 36 killed in Oakland warehouse fire
- Utah couple to donate funds for in vitro fertilization for a family
- Lady Gaga reveals she has PTSD
- Military instructor at Tooele High School arrested for alleged sexual abuse of a student
- Trump interjects himself in Air Force One, business deals
- Police suspend investigation into reported rape at U.
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz vs. Suns
- 911 calls document moments surrounding American Fork shootings