10/19/2013 1:56amEach morning for the past five years, before most of his aides have arrived at the White House, President Barack Obama has read a devotional sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary and cultural figures. Joshua DuBois, an informal spiritual adviser to Obama who ran the White House faith-based office until earlier this year, writes the devotionals for Obama and has compiled many of them in a forthcoming book, "The President's Devotional," to be released Oct. 22 by HarperOne.
Browse by Day Archive
- New Orleans takes down white supremacist monument
- Park City man denied lung transplant in Utah because of traces of marijuana dies
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against Polaris over double fatal ATV accident in Moab
- Police: Utah road-rage driver ran Oregon couple off I-84 in Idaho rollover crash
- In Mexico, fears a new plant will kill wastewater farming
- Was 'shaved key' used in theft of car woman saved a year to buy?
- Is shame ruining intimacy in your marriage?
- Hurricane man arrested for allegedly assaulting wife, 8-year-old child
- Florida man admits to cold-case rape, murder of 16-year-old Salt Lake girl
- Idaho burial site contained 2 sets of child remains, sheriff says