10/19/2013 1:56amEach morning for the past five years, before most of his aides have arrived at the White House, President Barack Obama has read a devotional sent to his BlackBerry, weaving together biblical scripture with reflections from literary and cultural figures. Joshua DuBois, an informal spiritual adviser to Obama who ran the White House faith-based office until earlier this year, writes the devotionals for Obama and has compiled many of them in a forthcoming book, "The President's Devotional," to be released Oct. 22 by HarperOne.
Browse by Day Archive
- Police: Salt Lake County Jail sergeant dead in apparent murder-suicide
- Large aquarium fish found at Cedar City pond; ditching fish creates problems
- Poll: Which is Utah’s best small city, Elite 8 round?
- Herriman family wakes up to find stranger in kitchen
- Local kidney foundation honors 3-year-old Elsie Mahe with billboard for organ donation
- Higher teacher salaries coming to Jordan School District
- Without votes, Trump and GOP leaders pull health care bill off House floor
- Provo doctors use hologram imaging to change the way surgeons operate
- 1 critically injured after crash in Riverton
- Escape from madness: Walking away from a cult of killers