10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Bride loses 100+ pounds after engagement pic wake-up call
- Retired police chief says Layton officer was ‘over invasive’
- Rypien helps No. 14 Boise State hold off BYU, 28-27
- Business owners have mixed feelings 3 weeks after 'Operation Diversion'
- Charges: Man tried taking 15-year-old West Valley girl to Georgia to live with him
- Poll: Evan McMullin leads Trump in battleground Utah
- 3 in Utah face Nevada poaching-related charges
- The dangers of opioid addiction and how to prevent it
- STD rates reach record high in United States
- Have You Seen This? Bountiful man carves jack-o-lantern Harambe in less than 30 seconds