10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Orlando shooter's widow arrested, US official says
- Body of man accused of shooting estranged wife found
- These 8 men are richer than 3.6 billion people combined
- Utah adds 3 reservoirs to mercury advisory
- 5 places that bring your outdoor activities inside for the winter
- Fight 'Blue Monday' with yellow — and other positivity tips
- Former players recall 1996 BYU football season: was it the best ever?
- 6 myths about Utah's air quality debunked - SPONSORED
- Woman, 108, remains in assisted living home — thanks to 800 donors
- 47-point buck from Tennessee likely a new world record