10/16/2013 6:03amAn orphaned water mongoose, a black sparrow hawk with a fractured leg and a young crocodile that was sold by an illegal pet trader. These are a few of the thousands of animals in dire straits that have found refuge in a South African shelter seeking to help indigenous creatures, many of which live in or stray into city suburbs.
Browse by Day Archive
- Dr. Vivian Lee resigns post at University of Utah
- Operations targeting car burglaries making a dent outside Jazz games
- Why home listings are down along Wasatch Front 'despite strong demand'
- Teen faces charges in crash that killed 2 Corner Canyon classmates
- Marcus Williams selected No. 42 by Saints in 2nd round
- The Triple Team: 3 thoughts on Jazz 98-93 Game 6 loss to Clippers
- Southbound I-15 lanes reopen after 14-vehicle crash
- Authorities: Body found in Grand Canyon believed to be missing 14-year-old
- Man accused of raping Tinder date who agreed to coffee
- N. Korean missile test fails hours after UN meeting on nukes